Are you thinking of starting an eCommerce website using the popular WooCommerce plugin? If you are, it’s likely you’re going to need one of the best WooCommerce shipping plugins in Australia to complement your online shop.
Table of contents
- 1. WooCommerce Australia Post Shipping
- 2. Transdirect Shipping Plugin for WooCommerce
- 3. WooCommerce Advanced Shipping Packages
- 4. Table Rate Shipping for WooCommerce
- 5. Australia Post Shipping Method
- 6. TNT Express Australia Plugin for WooCommerce
- 7. StarTrack Express eServices Plugin for WooCommerce
- 8. CouriersPlease Plugin for WooCommerce
- 9. Australia Post WooCommerce Extension
- 10. Shippit WooCommerce Shipping Extension
After all, you need to be able to deliver your shop’s products to customers, no matter the niche or industry you’re in.
The problem is, when you have a WordPress based eCommerce shop that uses WooCommerce, there are so many shipping extensions to choose from. This makes it hard to decide which one is best for you.
That’s why today we’ve rounded up the best WooCommerce shipping plugins in Australia to help you make an informed decision that will help you build your online business.
So, what are you waiting for? Let’s check them out.
WooCommerce Australia Post Shipping is the last option on our list of the best WooCommerce shipping plugins for Australia. With it, you can easily print shipping labels with both Australia Post and StarTrack accounts, display accurate shipping costs to customers at checkout, and even track shipments from within WooCommerce.
Here are WooCommerce Australia Post Shipping’s top features:
- Print international labels, including one for the item, Australia Post, Customs, and sender
- Choose from several package options including custom dimensions, individual item packaging, and weight-based
- Tap into contracted Australia Post eParcel service rates for cost-effective shipping
- Print shipping labels in bulk to save time
- Offer flat rate or free shipping deals if you want
- Responsive 24/7 support on hand to help
Price: $69 for a single site
Transdirect Shipping Plugin for WooCommerce is a free plugin found in the reputable WordPress Repository. It provides Australian-based WooCommerce shop owners access to Australia’s largest courier and freight companies, while simultaneously giving your customers a seamless checkout experience.
Here are Transdirect Shipping Plugin for WooCommerce’s top features:
- Easy to configure, even for novice online shop owners
- Exceptional shipping rates from the likes of Toll Ipec, Fastway, Couriers Please, Toll Priority, Northline, and more
- Available insurance options
- Multiple quote option available
WooCommerce Advanced Shipping Packages is perfect for those with variable products in their WooCommerce shops. In other words, if you have an online shop with items of different weights, sizes, shapes, and more, you can customize shipping options to make it most cost-friendly to you and your customers.
Here are WooCommerce Advanced Shipping Packages’ top features:
- Create your own shipping conditions
- Enable default shipping methods: cost per weight, shipping class, category, or per product
- Set up a cost per interval
- Enable a base cost plus additional cost per product
- Ship certain products free and make it clear for customers during checkout
- Split a package to deliver freight items separately from regularly shipped items
- Unlimited shipping package creation
- Name each shipping package and allow customers to see names during checkout
Price: $49 for a single site
Table Rate Shipping for WooCommerce is perfect for those with an online shop based in Australia that need advanced customization options. This WooCommerce shipping plugin for Australia gives online shop owners the ultimate in flexibility so they can secure more sales, generate more money, and offer an exceptional shopping experience to all customers.
Here are Table Rate Shipping for WooCommerce’s top features:
- Give customers plenty of options on the checkout page for shipping based on their needs (e.g., cost, delivery speed, preferred courier, etc.)
- Create complicated pricing models that go beyond flat rate options
- Translate your checkout page using the WPML plugin
- Base shipping conditions on order, individual products, cart line products, or shipping class
- Disable shipping taxes when necessary
- Hide options when free shipping is active
- Set rules to qualify for free shipping (intelligent shipping calculations)
Price: $25 for a single site
Australia Post Shipping Method is a premium WooCommerce shipping plugin that’s designed for those with online shops delivering products in and around Australia. This plugin allows you to pull shipping rates from Australia Post’s Shipping API and handle both domestic and international packages. But just remember, since it’s specific to Australian shops, you’ll need to configure your shop to use Australian currency.
Here are Australia Post Shipping Method’s top features:
- Enable extra services, such as additional coverage or delivery confirmation
- Pack items individually or use the built-in box packer
- Convert all units automatically besides cm and km for dimension and height
- Check availability and cost for services for both domestic and international packages
Price: $79 for a single site
TNT Express Australia Plugin for WooCommerce uses TNT Express Australia’s External RTT service to calculate the shipping cost estimates for your customers. It requires that you use Australian currency and set your WooCommerce shop’s base country to Australia. You’ll also need to register with TNT Express Australia.
Price: $77 AUD for a single site.
StarTrack Express eServices Plugin for WooCommerce is another WooCommerce shipping plugin in Australia that’s used to calculate shipping costs. However, it uses the StarTrack Express eServices API to make the calculations for your customers. You’ll need to use Australian currency and set your WooCommerce shop’s base country to Australia. Lastly, you’ll need to register with StarTrack eServices.
Price: $77 AUD for a single site
CouriersPlease Plugin for WooCommerce is for Australian WooCommerce shop owners that prefer to give their customers shipping calculations for CouriersPlease. Just like the previous shipping plugins, you must register with CouriersPlease, set your WooCommerce shop to Australian currency, and set your base country to Australia to display the shipping price for customers.
Price: $77 AUD for a single site
Australia Post WooCommerce Extension is a regularly updated and well-supported shipping plugin that calculates Australia Post shipping costs for your WooCommerce customers. Plus, it’s affordable, coming in at a lower price than many of the other WooCommerce shipping plugins on our list.
Here are Australia Post WooCommerce Extension’s top features:
- Provide customers with an estimated delivery times and tracking numbers
- Ship domestically and internationally
- Allow custom boxes for more accurate shipping prices
- Set a default weight and size
- Include handling fees and discounts
- Support for dropshipping
- Display the cheapest shipping option to customers
- 24/7 priority support
Price: $39 for a single site (there is a free version with limited features)
Shippit, a WooCommerce shipping extension, sets out to make shipping easier on WooCommerce shop owners that are based in Australia. Plus, it aims to give customers more choice when it comes to the checkout process, so they get more of what they want, and you make more money. In other words, Shippit is centered around making your life easy and giving your customers a seamless shopping experience.
Here are Shippit’s top features:
- Integrate WooCommerce with Australia’s leading couriers: Australia Post, CouriersPlease, TNT, DHL, Fastway Couriers, and StarTrack
- Let customers choose the courier they want delivering their package during checkout
- Live shipping quotes on the checkout page
- One-link tracking so you and your customers know the status of a delivery in real-time
- Print packing slips, labels, or both with a few simple clicks
- Self-service portal customers can use to process returns
- Advanced reporting so you can see which deliver methods works best for your bottom line and customers
- Specialized support from Shippit’s Customer Happiness team
- The ability to add your own couriers
Price: Starts at $19/store/month
And there you have it! 11 of the very best WooCommerce shipping plugins for Australia so that you and your customers have an easy time processing, delivering, and receiving orders finalized in your online shop.
Don’t make shipping harder on you or your customers by not investing on at least one high-quality shipping plugin. After all, people want to know exactly how much a product is going to cost, with shipping included, before they finalise a purchase. If you fail to make it crystal clear to people, you can expect to see a lot of cart abandonment.
If you’re looking for additional ways to avoid shopping cart abandonment in your WooCommerce shop, besides optimizing the shipping charges portion of your checkout page, make sure to contact Keen To Design and see how we can help.
Not only can we ensure a smooth checkout process in your online shop, we can make sure your images are engaging, your site’s product pages contain essential information for customers, and that your website runs as fast as it should for customers and search engines. We have several website packages available for small to medium sized businesses. Don’t risk losing business because your eCommerce shop isn’t picture perfect and functioning the way you want it to. Contact us and let us take care of the heavy lifting so you don’t have to.